Innovative design professional with people and project management skills and a strong understanding of consumer products seeks design challenges to fulfill. Career highlights include: re-branding Marin Bikes’ entire look and feel, re-energizing Quiksilver’s wetsuit line, implementing a new brand identity at Camelbak, and designing an award-winning, patent-pending personal flotation device for Body Glove, and creating a unique environment and branding design for a pop-up retail shop.
Art Director / Designer
Marin Bikes – Marin County, CA
Designed and developed the global re-brand and re-launch of Marin Bikes. Designed product, advertising, wordmarks, etc. Managed and directed vendors and consultants on the brand image.
• Designed and implemented award-winning ad campaign.
• Designed and developed totally new product and hardware.
• Managed graphic fit up and quality control with several factories and made multiple trips to oversee sampling.
• Art directed photographers and videographers.
Global Wetsuit Designer
Quiksilver / Roxy – Huntington Beach, CA
Responsible for conceptualization, creation, and manufacture of all products in the global wetsuit division, including wetsuits, wetsuit accessories, Lycra, and personal flotation devices.
• Developed seasonal line plans.
• Worked with the design facility domestically to develop fit, styling, and graphics.
• Traveled to factories in Asia several times a year to oversee pre-production and sample development process.
• Worked with all regional product managers to develop products with worldwide appeal.
• Consistently designed and delivered innovative wetsuit products.
Creative Services Manager
Camelbak – Petaluma, CA
Managed the creative team and designed and developed all merchandise and collateral materials.
• Designed for a variety of sports and activities with varied demographics.
• Assisted with artist development, qualified and hired vendors, prepared seasonal catalogs and managed in–studio and location photo shoots involving professional athletes.
• Developed and implemented a new brand identity with input from the marketing team.
Art Director / Soft Goods Manager
Liquid Force Wakeboards – Encinitas, CA
Solely responsible for designing and maintaining brand image.
• Managed creative team of freelancers.
• Conceptualized and executed all brand materials, print ads, website, consumer catalogs, and board graphics.
• Arranged and directed all photo shoots.
• Designed and developed soft goods and accessories line.
• Served as primary contact for all vendors and artists.
WHY WE SHOULD WORK TOGETHER
• Strong conceptual skills that transfer seamlessly to mass production.
• Ability to work alone or in groups.
• Management experience.
• Delivery of on-trend designs through research, prototyping, and ideation.
• Broad spectrum of experience.
• Manufacturing and production expertise, with international travel and cross-cultural communications experience.